1 Month to a Better Me

So I'm trying the Self Jump Start Diet. I've really gotten out of shape in the past few months and I need (and want) to start feeling better about myself. And what I love about this diet... is that it really isn't a diet at all. It's just trying different tips every day to see what works better for your body type.
















But because my new Self subscription hasn't arrived at my door yet, I've been doing the one from January 2008 w/ Faith Hill on the cover. I don't know how different they are- but I tried day 1 yesterday and so far so good.






















Day 1 Tip: Log your bites. Knowing that I had to write down what I ate later definitely made me more conscious of what I was putting in my body. I started off good- Cup of black coffee, bowl of cereal with skim (Lactaid for me) milk, and a biscotti. But then came lunch. Danny and I decided to try out a new restaurant and well... I kind of had a meatball sub. But because it was so insanely filling and large- I only had half... which I think counts for something right? :) Come dinner time my senses had come back. Plus I had just worked out so I didn't want to ruin what I had just worked my butt off for. So I had one of my old favorites: Brown rice mixed with scrambled eggs, seaweed, and a little bit of low sodium soy sauce. May sound strange- but I've feasted on this filling and yummy treat ever since I was little.

















So today's tip: Feast first thing. Since I'm a snacker- I need to do most of my (healthy) snacking in the morning- which I don't see being a problem for my growling stomach. I've also already made a date with my husband to meet at the gym after work and do at least 30 min. of cardio too. Wish me luck!
Image source: 1, 2, 3

Comments

  1. Good luck and keep us updated! I want to be a little more active this new year and would definitely like to hear first hand if something out there works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how practical this sounds, and that it sounds like it has you focus on something different every day. I'm excited to hear what you think as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I'll definitely keep you posted

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts