Holiday Baking 2: Homemade Honey Maple Granola

For those of you who want to give slightly more healthy holiday baked goods, I definitely recommend this next recipe. This was the first time I've ever made granola and it was so easy! And really good! I tore out the recipe from Body + Soul Magazine about 2 years ago and am so glad I finally got around to trying it. Once I was done, I packaged it up in little glass jars I've saved through the year and sent them off to family and friends.

So here we go- here is the recipe for the Homemade Honey Maple GranolaIngredients:
  • 1/2 cup of honey
  • 1/2 cup of maple syrup
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 4 cups of rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
  • 1 teaspoon salt

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees

Combine honey, maple syrup, butter, and brown sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often (I stirred constantly and therefore did the following steps ahead of time)In a large bowl, mix rolled oats, shredded unsweetened coconut, and salt.

Pour the honey mixture over the oat mixture and stir.

Lightly oil rimmed baking sheet and spread granola evenly. Bake for 20- 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown (I tossed the contents about every 5 minutes). Remove from oven and cool before transferring to airtight glass containers. And enjoy! I really liked this recipe and will definitely be trying it and variations of it again.

Comments

Popular Posts