Chocolate Hazelnut Drop Cookies

Since I worked all through this last weekend, yesterday was supposed to be my day off- my day to relax. But I got a call from the management company we rent for and found out the owner of our property had decided to put it up for sale- so they and a realtor would be coming by to take pictures. Commence me cleaning like a crazy person! I finished within 5 minutes of them arriving. And afterwards, instead of then taking the remaining time to relax, I decided to make homemade flour tortillas and chimichurri sauce for some carne asada tacos that night. And after I finished and had cleaned our kitchen for the 3rd time that day, I picked up a new magazine, plopped on the couch and turned on an old episode of Giada at Home I had taped for the background. But I didn't get 3 pages into my magazine before I saw Giada making something that I had all the ingredients for in my house. So... instead of making note of it for the future, my non- relaxing self hopped back off the couch, and made these Chocolate Hazelnut Drop Cookies- and they are pretty dang good :)

Ingredients: (I cut this recipe in half for my husband and I: but below are the original measurements)
  • 2 sticks of unsalted butter at room temp
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (like Nutella)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix butter and powdered sugar in mixer until creamy.

Add vanilla and mix again.

Add flour. Mix on low speed at first and then quicken.

Add chocolate hazelnut spread and mix again. Yum...

Use ice cream scooper and place rounded dough on parchment paper lined baking sheet.

Bake 8- 10 minutes (10 for me). Cool on wire rack.

Once cookies are cool, roll in powdered sugar.

And enjoy!

Comments

  1. you had me at "hazelnut"... sounds delicious! i don't usually bake, but i think i have all these ingredients... guess it's time to turn that oven on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound so delicious - love the powdered sugar finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not doing this fat preggo any favors here....these look SOOO good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazingly good (I love Nutella!) - thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm those look delish! Giada's recipes are some of the few I turn to again and again. Have you ever tried her cinnamon chocolate fudge?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts