Semi Homemade Peach Cobbler

The last time I had Peach Cobbler I was 8 years old (I know, whoa is me). So who knows why I've been craving it lately, because I doubt I fully remember the taste, but for some reason- I knew I had to make this fine dessert, even if only to hush the voices in my stomach.

The peaches at market weren't ripe enough (and I didn't have the patience to wait) so I bought canned... I know... please don't look down on me. I know this recipe probably tastes even more amazing with fresh peaches; and hopefully I didn't just add on a 1,000 calories. But even if I did- I think dessert is the one area where it's at least expected. Plus, it just made it so much easier... which I like. So here you go- Semi Homemade Peach Cobbler... I promise it tastes good and will make your house smell amazing.

Ingredients:

*Cobbler Filling:
  • 2 can of sliced peaches without the skin
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 tablespoon flour
*Cobbler Crust:
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
  • 2/3 cup buttermilk
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar, for topping
  • whipped cream

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

Generously butter a 1.5 quart shallow baking dish. Place the sliced peaches in the dish and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon

Add in vanilla and flour over top. Mix gently and spread evenly again. Bake for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile combine all dry ingredients for cobbler crust in bowl.

Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or your fingers, to make the texture like coarse crumbs (this photo is obviously pre- cutting).

Add buttermilk...

And stir to form a soft dough.

Remove fruit from oven...

And drop rounded spoonfuls (I used an ice cream scoop to make it easier) of dough on top.

Sprinkle with last tablespoon of brown sugar and return to oven.

Bake until fruit is bubbly and crust topping is golden brown, about 20 minutes.

Serve warm with whipped cream. Yum...


Recipe from Foodnetwork.com

Comments

  1. The peaches and cinnamon combo is one of my favorite things!! And you're right, it is way better with fresh peaches, but sometimes shortcuts are okay; especially if they make you happy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts