Spicy Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork Sandwiches

This Spicy Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork is AMAZING! And SPICY! So for those spice wimps (like myself) out there, I make note of how to turn down the heat further down. My husband (who eats hot sauce on everything) loved it as well. I'll be making this again very soon.

I modified this yummy recipe from Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond's newest cookbook: Food from My Frontier. The ingredients are the same, I just changed the quantities and put my pork in the crock pot instead of the oven.

Ingredients:
  • 1 onion, peeled and quartered
  • 2- 2.5lb boneless pork loin, center cut
  • salt and black pepper to taste
  • One 7 oz. can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
  • One 12 oz. can of Dr. Pepper
  • 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar

Get yer crock pot out and place the quartered onions on the bottom. Place the pork on top of them and add salt and pepper. Pour the chipotle chiles over the top of the pork. Open the can of DP and pour over chiles and pork. Add brown sugar to liquid, stirring slightly to combine. Cover the pot and cook on low for about 7 hours. 

At about 6.5 hours, I lifted the lid to do a taste test. This is when I nearly breathed out fire from the crazy hotness of the chiles. At this point I took out them out to temper down the heat of the dish (and it worked great). For those of you who can handle the heat- leave 'em in and come back here to brag about your accomplishments.

At 7 hours I pulled out the quickly falling apart pork and shredded it with two forks before returning to the liquid. I left it in for about another hour on low before making them into these wonderful Pulled Pork Sandwiches. The taste is so delicious you don't even need BBQ sauce... and I love BBQ sauce

Enjoy!




Comments

  1. I've been wanting to try this recipe for so long! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was delicious! And crock pot recipes are just so wonderfully easy :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts