Double Chocolate Cookie Bars


I love chocolate and I love Oreos. So when you mix them together- I'm one happy girl. I made these Double Chocolate Cookie Bars for our church potluck dinner yesterday and they were exactly as I'd hoped... 2000% chocolaty :) And- they were also incredibly easy to make... my kind of recipe :)

I found the recipe through Heidi Bakes and modified it slightly. Here's what you'll need:

Double Chocolate Cookie Bars

Ingredients:

28 Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 (14oz) can sweetened, condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Set aside 6 cookies and grind the rest in a food processor (or smash in a plastic bag with a rolling pin). In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and butter until well mixed. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan.

Over a double broiler, mix the 1 cup of the chocolate chips with the vanilla and condensed milk (I don't have a double broiler so I just set a large bowl over a pot of boiling water and it seems to work just fine). Stir frequently until smooth. Spread evenly over the crumb crust. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over the top and then crumble the remaining cookies over top as well.

Bake 20- 25 minutes (20 minutes for me) and cool completely before cutting into bars. Then enjoy!




Comments

Popular Posts